Forever Fighting a Cold (remedies + more)
Well friends. Winter is dying a slow death.
You've been sick too long and it's time to fight back.
1. Get some rest. Sleep, then sleep some more, then sleep again.
2. Get your vitamins: A Multivitamin + Vitamin C & D.
3. ORANGES. I'm a strong advocate for overdosing on oranges. Real oranges trump orange juice bought from the store. The orange itself, gives you the most direct nutrition, without any added sugar or unnecessary additives.
4. Drink a lot of fluids. Water is your best friend.
5. Get Vicks Vapour Rub. It acts as an effective nasal decongestant. Rub it on your chest.
6. Do yourself a favour, and get a Vicks Inhaler. If you're having trouble breathing through your nose, you can sniff it to alleviate congestion. I suppose you will look a little strange doing this; but nothing beats a clear nose, that you can actually breath out of.
7. Solve a sore throat :
- Suck on some lozenges.
- Gargle with warm salt water. (1/2 tsp + 8 ounces of warm water)
8. Chicken noodle soup: Relieves congestion and acts as an anti-inflammatory.
9. Maybe invest in a humidifier: Colds and viruses thrive in dry environments. Which is why the flu is most common in the winter. To aide in your recovery, and possibly prevent a cold from reaching a higher level of severity, a humidifier may be in your best interest. Dry air can result in a sore throat and a stuffy nose.
10. Find a moisturizer: When your skin transforms into a rough piece of sandpaper from constantly blowing your nose : Nivea acts a great moisturizer. Not too oily; it's the perfect consistency.
That's it. That's all.
More than anything, I think being sick is a sign that we need to slow down & take it easy.
Being sick is the perfect opportunity to rest, watch re-runs of your favourite t.v show, and regain energy.
Good luck with the healing process loves.