The lowdown on DETOX WATER
What is detox water anyway?
Is it a fad?
Just pretty water?
Detoxing is essentially freeing yourself from harsh toxins.
Therefore the best way to detox, is to eat healthy - ex: whole foods, fresh fruits, and veggies.
Detox water is a method of incorporating fruits and veggies, instead of over processed, artificial flavouring to enhance taste.
Not to mention it looks really pretty!
Homemade detox water is the real vitamin water.
Doesn't get much better than this.
Detox water is easy to make, and the options are limitless.
For myself, I love citrus water. I will often cut up an orange for the week along with a lemon, to easily throw in my water.
Beyond that, I love to experiment.
Most recently I added lemon, lime, and blueberries.
The taste resembled that of pink lemonade. Perhaps more so because of the pink colouring from the blueberries.
( Pictured above: 16 ounces of water, handful of blueberries, 2 lemon slices, and 1 lime slice, squeezed. )
TIPS TO MAKE YOUR OWN DETOX WATER
- Experiment with multiple fruits and veggies - the options really are limitless.
- Steep your water overnight.
- Add ice on a cup to cup basis, or else you risk diluting the flavour of the entire pitcher, when the ice melts.
- Use a strainer if you don't like particles, or pulp.
- Experiment! Experiment! Experiment!